Mahatma Gandhi Mission is a charitable trust, registered under the society's Registration Act.(1960) on 20th Dec. 1982, with its prime objective of Social welfare, Human Resource Development, Medical Care, Education, Forestry and Environment, Mass Communication, Sports & Fine Art.
The founders are a group of Engineers, Doctors, and Scientists having a high career profile, commitment to social interest and dedication to work.
Lead by the Chairman, Shri. Kamalkishore Kadam, Ex-minister of Education, Maharashtra state, an engineer himself having masters degree from IIT , Mumbai, Mahatma Gandhi Mission has achieved unprecedented growth and occupied a prestigious niche in the society with quality education and the discipline in the institutes run by it. To accelerate the educational aspirations of our youth, MGM has started two Medical Colleges at Aurangabad & Mumbai and four Engineering Colleges at Aurangabad, Nanded, Mumbai and Noida. MGM believes in imparting quality education and over the years it has been proved with MGM pass-outs having employed in the best of the organizations world over. MGM considers this as a means to serve the country as there is no better or greater way to serve the republic than teaching and instructing the youth of this country, developing them as good professionals and ideal citizens in the interest of the bright future of the youth of this country, developing them as good professionals and ideal citizens in the interest of the bright future of the nation. Total student strength on the roll of MGM is around 10,000. The disciplined behavior of our students is an asset to our colleges.
Besides the four well established engineering colleges, two management institutes, two medical colleges and two nursing institutes, the Mission has established well equipped Hospitals at Vashi, Panvel, Belapur, Kalmboli(New Mumbai) & Aurangabad care the ailing humanity. In addition to this the mission has got institutions providing education in computer science, journalism and mass communication, law, fine art, performing arts, library science, education science etc. along with post graduate courses in biotechnology, bioinformatics, astrophysics, electronics , and other research institutions. The Mission has also undertaken several projects to promote environmental activities for the equilibrium of ecology on our planet.
- Chairman - Shri Kamal Kishore Kadam
- Vice-Chairman - Dr. Pandurang M. Jadhav
- Secretary - Shri Ankush N. Kadam
- Treasurer - Shri. Pratap S. Borade
- Trustee - Dr. Sudhir N. Kadam
- Trustee - Dr. Nitin N. Kadam
- Trustee - Shri. U. N. Kadam
Over the last twenty years, the major achievements of MGM Could be summarized as follows:
- 20th Dec. 1982- Registered under society's registration act(1860).
- 1983 - Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College , Aurangabad started. Now, the college is providing engineering education in nine different streams. Total strength is around 1800.
- 1984 - Engineering college at Nanded started. Now, providing engineering education in five different streams. Well developed campus of about 34 acres land. Total strength of students is around 1200.
- 1985 - Afforestation and children park project on 20 acres of land leased by CIDCO at Aurangabad was undertaken. Now, over 60,000 trees add to the greenery of the city maintained growth. Children park with all facilities has been added to the developing CIDCO area of the city.
- 1986 - A sports complex was development over 10 acres of land in Aurangabad.
- 1986 - Engineering college started at Mumbai. Now total strength of students is around 1000, Spacious building of around 1,33,000 sq.ft. and education in five streams is available.
- 1986 - MGM Hospital with 125 beds at C.B.D. Complex, Belapur, Navi Mumbai.
- 1987 - Started MGM Hospital at Aurangabad. Now, it is having 600 bed capacity.
- 1988 - A primary school , High-School and a vocational junior college started at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
- 1988 - 125 bedded hospital at kalamboli, Navi Mumbai.
- 1989 - Started Medical College at Kalamboli. Now, with a Total student strength about 450 with post graduate courses.
- 1990 - Started Medical College at Aurangabad. Now with a total strength of around 450 with post graduate courses.
- 1990 - Started New Bombay Hospital at Vashi with 80 bed capacity.
- 1992 - Various sports activities were conducted starting with a Gold Cup cricket tournament for juniours followed by wrestling competition at state level in Nanded.
- 1993 - Started Fine Art College at Nanded and college of Journalism at Aurangabad.
- 1994 - Started Institute of Management at Aurangabad, Mumbai with total strength of 120.
- 1994 - Started Padmashri Shankarbapu Apegaonkar Kala academy, Aurangabad.
- 1999 - Started College of Engineering and Technology, Noida. Now, total strength is of 1000.
- 2000 - Started College of Computer Science and Information Science, Nanded and Parbhani.
- 2002 - Started College of Library and Information Science, Nanded. Started College of journalism and Media science , Nanded.
- Started Post graduate and additional courses like sculpture, textile design, classical dance,music,theater , film and TV arts in college of fine art, Nanded. Additional post graduate courses in college of computer science like Msc. Electronics, Msc. Astro physics, Msc. Biotechnology, Msc. Bioinformatics, Msc. Genetics were sanctioned and Msc bio technology and M.Sc. Electronics started.
- Apart from these, MGM has established a research center for AIDS at Bombay in collaboration with Texas University, USA.